Cooker Causes Fire At Home In Aylesbury

Cooker Causes Fire At Home In Aylesbury

A property in Aylesbury was recently severely damaged by fire and smoke. The fire was caused by the occupants leaving the house having left the cooker on.

Three fire crews from Aylesbury and Tring were called to the two-storey semi-detached property and worked to extinguish the blaze and prevent it spreading to the neighbouring property. They used a main jet, two hose reels and breathing apparatus.  A fan was then required to clear the smoke from the home.

No-one was harmed and the smoke alarms in the property worked as they should. There was severe smoke and fire damage throughout the property due to many of the doors in the house having been left open.

Because of the severity of the fire a fire investigation officer attended, and volunteers from the British Red Cross were present in their fire and emergency support service vehicle to help look after the householders.

To keep your family and home safe it is important to remember to test your smoke alarms at least once a month. If you struggle to remember set yourself a reminder or make a note on your calendar. It takes just five minutes but can literally save lives. It is also advisable to keep internal doors closed, especially when going out and at night as this can help prevent fire and smoke from spreading.