Fire In Sewage Treatment Works In Milton Keynes

According to One MK, fire fighters from Bletchley, Great Holm and Broughton were called to Cotton Valley Sewage Treatment works in Portway, Milton Keynes a little after midday on Sunday 1st February.

The fire was in generator exhaust ducting and took three crews to put it out.

Fire crews are there to protect us, but they serve as a very last line of defence. We are by no means suggesting that Cotton Valley Sewage Treatment Works management did not have thorough safety management systems in place to present a fire as accidents can still happen, but effective fire risk assessment and management systems are designed to remove or reduce the chance of fire occurring and then if an accident does happen to ensure that there are steps in place to remove or reduce the risk of anyone getting hurt.

We can find no report of injuries which is good, but this incident will have had a significant effect on business and the community as three fire crews were required to bring it under control and minimise further disruption.

If your business needs risk assessments done or a review of fire safety procedures in your business you can contact Fire & Electrical Safety LTD today.