Tips To Help You Choose The Right Commercial Electrician
Commercial electrical work includes installing, testing and maintaining electrical units and systems in a range of business and other premises.
If you are a business or any other organisation requiring the services of a Commercial Electrician at your premises, the following tips might be helpful.
- Ensure that they have experience in previous commercial projects and the relevant knowledge and expertise for your particular job. For example, an electrician that generally carries out domestic work may not have the skills and experience required.
- Be clear about what you want to achieve. You need to be able to explain your project and your requirements clearly, this will allow the firm to design, supply and install a system that meets your exact needs.
- Do the firms you are considering have the appropriate insurance cover? It is vital that the appropriate cover is in place from a safety perspective, but also to cover any damage inadvertently caused to your property.
- Is it possible to see references from previous customers? Ideally these would be from clients that have similar premises to yours or relate to similar jobs to the one you need done.
- Can you meet the people who will actually be doing the work? It may be that the business owner will visit to discuss and understand your requirements, but it can help to have met and feel comfortable with those that will actually be working on your premises, especially for ongoing projects.
- Can the firm work around your day to day routine? If you are an environment where staff, students, customers or residents are present during the normal working day is it possible for the work to be carries out outside of these hours. If this can be done it will significantly reduce the disruption caused while the work is carried out.
- Do they have the necessary qualifications and accreditations? This is important as electricity can be dangerous and if not carried out properly work could result in injury or even fatality.
- Do they take the time to fully discuss and understand your requirements, for both now and in the long term future?
- While price is obviously an important consideration do not base your decision entirely on this. The cheapest price won’t necessarily guarantee a high standard of work.
It is worth investing time and effort in choosing the right commercial electrical services, above all you want to feel you are in safe hands.
We are a NICEIC approved contractor with a team of professional qualified staff who take pride in working to the highest standards.
We offer a range of commercial electrical services including installations and maintenance and have worked with a range of different organisations and businesses including care homes, schools, churches, leisure facilities and businesses. Please get in touch if we can help in any way.